The dog days of summer are here! But staying cool doesn’t mean you have to run the air conditioner all day long. There are plenty of ways to keep cool this summer that match your typical summer routine We’ve rounded up 9 for your perusal, including some tried-and-true methods from the good ol’ days before central cooling. Try a few out!
With Your Everyday Routine:
- Imitate people that live in tropical climates! By wearing light-colored, loose-fitting cotton and linen clothing you can stay cooler than when you wear synthetics.
- Remember those days when you were sick and your mom placed a cool cloth on your forehead? Well this is similar. You can chill your pulse points by running cold water over each wrist for a minute or so. Splashing water onto your temples or face also produces a similar effect.
- Instead of eating one, big meal, which will likely make you feel hot, try breaking your eating up into smaller, more frequent meals. You’ll feel cooler—and it’s better for you anyway.
- If your neck of the woods cools off in the evening, take advantage of this by cooling off your entire house. Open windows and doors with screens to bring the inside temperature down.
- In the morning, close up your house and draw blinds and drapes so the house stays darker and cooler.
- If you’re up to the challenge, set your thermostat to 78 degrees Fahrenheit when you are home and 85 degrees when you are away.
While Being Active:
- The morning is the coolest and most serene part of the day, so what better time to golf, run, or bike ride than during the early morning hours? It’ll keep you cooler and boost your mood!
- This can never be stressed enough: no matter what activities you do this summer, hydrate like crazy. By keeping your water storage high, you’ll also improve your body’s cooling mechanisms. And with extra water bottles you could even squirt water on your head or through the vents in your bike helmet.
- The next time you do physical activity outside, try wrapping a cool or icy, water-soaked bandana around your neck. It’s an easy way to do wonders for cooling down your body temperature.
Staying cool while engaging in active, outdoor activities, like golfing, running, or cycling is important. Luckily, with durable bike mounts and golf shooters from Rokform, you don’t have to worry about your phones while you engage in your favorite outdoor activities. Focus on staying cool and we’ll take care of what’s most important (your phone)! Not only are our active accessories, a reliable, must-have for any outdoor adventure, they also come in a variety of colors and styles so you can stay cool this summer in more ways than one!
What are some tips you have for staying cool this summer? Tell us in the comments section below!