Techie [tek-ee] noun – A general occupational title for people involved in jobs like Information Technology (IT) or a person who displays an interest in technology and/or high-tech devices.
Photo Credit: SomeECards.com
Today marks the highly anticipated national holiday – Techie’s Day! You know what that means, Gates: It’s time to dust off those double-framed glasses, pull out that protected-iPad and stream your favorite Star Wars movie. Not sure if you’re truly worthy of the “techie” title? Check out these top 10 signs, courtesy of TechieNation.com:
- You are addicted to some type of caffeinated product
- The most exercise you get is when you’re Geo-Caching
- You have a minimum of 3 email addresses
- You’ve replaced paper with the Google Search Bar
- Your pets have websites
- You have the ability to fix anything that is broken within 20 feet of you
- When you think of a cookie, it doesn’t involve food
- You haven’t personally met any of your friends
- You suffer from IWS (Internet Withdrawal Syndrome) when offline for more than 4 hours.
- Your girlfriend/boyfriend has nightmares of you running away with your PC
If you’ve found commonality with one or more of these points then congratulations, you’re a certifiable techie!
How are you celebrating National Techie’s Day? Post a picture of your celebration on the Rokform Facebook page.